Re: [exim] Limit messages sent to smarthost per hour

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Limit messages sent to smarthost per hour
On 15/04/2020 23:16, Emilio Augusto Lazo Zaia via Exim-users wrote:
> I would like to queue all messages to be delivered through a smarthost based upon some criteria, for instance the number of messages the smarthost can transport without blocking us for security reasons.
>
> Some user in the domain sent thousand of mails in a short period of time and these mails bounced back by the smarthost

Actually rate-limiting a outbound flow is quite difficult.
There are some possible approaches discussed on one of the wiki
pages, I think.

However, for your case, it would be far simpler to ratelimit
the inbound flow, per-sender. There's an ACL condition to
to that (with appropriate choice of parameters).
--
Cheers,
Jeremy