Re: [exim] LMTP and quotas

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] LMTP and quotas
On 11/03/2020 13:03, Robert Blayzor via Exim-users wrote:
> Keeping this simple; if we have quotas deployed (Dovecot/Maildir) and
> using LMTP that means that Exim has already accepted the message and is
> using LMTP transport to hand off for the final stage of the delivery.

If you use a smtp transport (but in lmtp mode), you can do
cutthrough delivery to the LMTP server. Rejection from the
latter is then passed as a rejection to the originator
during the SMTP connection.

That does require that the lmtp runs over a TCP connection
not a pipe, but I think it covers your use-case.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy