Re: [exim] Exim multi-server architecture with NAS

Author: Robert Blayzor
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim multi-server architecture with NAS
On 3/10/20 6:32 PM, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:
> I'd go for the former, assuming you're not constrained by lack of IPs.
> Load-balancers are just a pointless complexity addition.

I would agree to a point. For maybe up to (4) MX servers this might be
ok. But if you have many more than that, load balancer might be a
necessary evil.

I'm not a big fan of full proxy load balancers, especially with this
type of traffic. I would prefer a "one arm" load balancer, but
unfortunately I don't know of any FOSS load balancers. Everything seems
to be full proxy based. There is one that I know of; "pen", but that
seems to be not actively developed...

Using a one arm load balancer would negate needing any proxy protocol
nonsense to preserve the client IP addresses..

--
inoc.net!rblayzor
XMPP: rblayzor.AT.inoc.net