Re: [pcre-dev] signal 7 (code 1) (Invalid address alignment)…

Author: ph10
To: Dvir L
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] signal 7 (code 1) (Invalid address alignment) on 32bit device
On Wed, 26 Feb 2020, Dvir L via Pcre-dev wrote:

> I'm using pcre 8.34 on a 32 bit Android device.

PCRE1 (the 8.xx series) is obsolete and will probably never have another
release (8.44 is recently out). All development happens in PCRE2 (the
10.xx series). As it is now 5 years since PCRE2 came out, expertise in
the PCRE1 code has faded away.

> When calling pcre_compile , with a pattern that contains "{1}" , I'm
> getting -
> signal 7 (code 1) (Invalid address alignment).

That pattern should give the error "nothing to repeat at offset 2" - or
do you mean that {1} is *part* of a pattern? If so, what is the complete
pattern?

> It works fine on 64 bit device or without the "{1}" within the pattern.
> Any help would be appreciated !

Not sure how to help other than to suggest an upgrade to a later release
of PCRE1 if you can do that. I am not an Android programmer.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel