Re: [exim] Problem with iPhone and Exim

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problem with iPhone and Exim
On 25/02/2020 14:49, Luca Bertoncello via Exim-users wrote:
> Am 25.02.2020 14:57, schrieb Evgeniy Berdnikov via Exim-users:
>
>>  Run traffic analyzer on the server host.
>>  Post capture file here if you can't interpret output.
>
> Here the traffic dump...

I see that's actually 8465 not 465. I assume real-465
behaves the same?

We're not too much closer. They agreed, during handshake, on a
cipher-suite. We can't actually tell if the handshake completed
(because encryption!) but the packets present make it likely.
The client issued a Encrypted Alert, which looks to have been
a Fatal one; it could have been after the server sent it's
SMTP-banner data (we can't be certain, again) - though I'd
expect to see that being done in the Exim debug output (assuming
suitable debug channels enabled, and no manual editing done
on the results).
--
Cheers,
Jeremy