Re: [exim] Testers wanted

Author: Ian Zimmerman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Testers wanted
On 2020-02-15 14:52, Jeremy Harris wrote:

> > Is anyone out there interested in doing some targeted testing?
>
> Given the rousing cheer of encouragement, this
> effort will not go ahead.

I could not volunteer for this particular test in any case due to the
scale required, so the following is really a tangent. Forgive me for
that please.

I would _love_ to help the project with more general testing on a server
of my modest scale, such as being a build farm and running the test
suite. But each time I go into the details it turns out to be quite
intrusive - basically there isn't any question of running that _and_ a
live server on the same host. And I can presently barely afford one of
those :-(

I am not complaining or directing the volunteer developers to do
anything, I know better than that. But if there is a shotrage of
testers, and such appears to be the case, methinks one plan might be to
make participation easier.

--
Ian