Re: [exim] Delay on exim send increases with uptime

Author: Holden Rohrer
To: Viktor Dukhovni via Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Delay on exim send increases with uptime
Sorry about the long response time,

It appears I thoroughly borked my system by a poor installation of OpenSSL. I
reconfigured it to be /etc/ssl on the /usr/local/bin installation, but I think
the /usr/bin installation might have been broken from something else. Whatever
the issue was, the SSL issue is fixed now (because I uninstalled the broken
OpenSSL library, reinstalled the package from source against /usr/lib/ssl
instead of /etc/ssl and rebuilt exim), and it appears that the delays have
stopped. Thanks to everyone who looked at this because this is definitely not
an exim issue but a "me completely misunderstanding my system" issue.

I think that the delay issue is contained now that SSL is fixed, and I've been
waiting to send this email because I wanted to make sure, before I sent it,
that the delays actually stopped. I can't speak to much of the higher level
componentry, but it appears that my build process got derailed at some point
(probably because I had a /usr/bin/ssl and /usr/local/bin/ssl binary/libraries
at the same time).

Thanks Again,
Holden