Re: [exim] Ustrcpy

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Ustrcpy
On 31/01/2020 04:09, Ian Zimmerman via Exim-users wrote:
> Looks like local_scan API is broken again in +fixes.
>
> mytypes.h is included from local_scan.h. It defines Ustrcpy as a macro
> in terms of __Ustrcpy which is an inline function in functions.h.
> functions.h is of course not included either in local_scan.h or
> mytypes.h, and AFAIK is not part of the API.

According to Chapter 46 of the docs, Ustrcpy is not one of the
available functions of the API. Although it's a macro and not directly
a function, I'd have to say it's not part of the API.

Probably we could try to describe things better; I see at least one
(likely historical) misstatement in the chapter.

In the meantime, to get you going, you could change that guard
on EM_VERSION_C to
#if defined(EM_VERSION_C) || defined(LOCAL_SCAN) || defined(DLFUNC_IMPL)

--
Cheers,
Jeremy