Re: [exim] Smarthost + queue worker keep alive the connectio…

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Smarthost + queue worker keep alive the connection
On 18/01/2020 21:39, Maeldron T. via Exim-users wrote:
> Now the only problem left is that I believe the worker processes connect to
> the smarthost for every message one by one.

Another thing to be aware of, if your mails are given to exim on this
first server using a commend-line (not SMTP input): the -odqs option.

"a delivery process is started for each incoming message, in the
background [...] Because routing was done, Exim knows which messages are
waiting for which hosts, and so a number of messages for the same host
can be sent in a single SMTP connection"

Those delivery processes, doing the same job as the first phase of
a "-qq" two-phae run, will be being run in parallel.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy