Re: [exim] Smarthost + queue worker keep alive the connectio…

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Smarthost + queue worker keep alive the connection
On 22 Jan 2020, at 09:51, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
> That part in also interesting to me, as I get too little feedback
> from production users. I'd really like to get a debug-output sample
> from that startup phase.

I’ll send you a link to one separately.

In short: generated a queue of just over 1000 messages with identical sender/recipient couplet but subject and message body varying, with Exim doing no queue running, then ran ‘exim -qq’ in full debug mode.

It took 35 seconds to do the initial non-delivering queue run while parsing and routing each message on the queue, then started delivering them. Due to the way I have this instance configured it sent 500 messages per single connection, which took a further 2m42s to deliver finish the deliveries, principally due to delays injected on the smarthost while doing various checks.

Graeme