Re: [exim] conditional address rewriting for single email ad…

Author: Lars Schimmer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] conditional address rewriting for single email addresses possible?
On 2020-01-18 16:55, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:
> On 18/01/2020 15:43, Lars Schimmer via Exim-users wrote:
>>>
>>> headers_rewrite, a generic transport option.
>
>> So I would create a new transport and sort all needed emails to use that
>> transport?
>
> I'd do this
>
>> Or better in general transport with conditions in the rewrite clauses ?
>
> and not this
>
>> As a rewrite rule I think about this for every email needed a rewrite:
>>
>> *@* "${if !eq {$receipients}{user123@???} {user123@???}fail}" Ff
>
> For a start, you can't affect the envelope. The docs says this.

Hmpfg, overread this. thank you.
But without changing the envelope, it will not help much with SPF on
receiver side, as the wrong sender is in the envelope?
Or do I completely misunderstood the way exim4 works with alias file?
IMHO exim4 does not change envelope if it sends mail to a (external)
email address found in the alias file.

MfG,
Lars Schimmer
TU Graz, Institut für ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer@???
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723