Re: [exim] message_size_limit depending on incoming domain

Author: Jasen Betts
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] message_size_limit depending on incoming domain
On 2019-11-18, Niels Kobschätzki via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know that there is a setting message_size_limit and that I can
> control it
> globally and per router.
>
> I accept mails for a lot of domains and for some of those domains
> I'd like to
> have a bigger message_size_limit than for the rest. Those domains
> are already
> handled differently but I am not sure at which point the
> message_size_limit
> comes into play.

when they say "EHLO ..." right at the start exim responds with "SIZE ....."

when they say "MAIL FROM..." they have the option to declare the size
of the content. and if the say something too big exim will deny them,

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-main_configuration.html

You can't vary this setting based on anything that happens after EHLO

for your rcpt-based checks you and do ACL checks on $message_size and
the refuse the email (or recipient) if $message_size is too big.