Re: [exim] Exim 4.93 Received Header tls clause

Author: Cyborg
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.93 Received Header tls clause
Am 18.11.19 um 10:38 schrieb Jeremy Harris via Exim-users:
> On 18/11/2019 05:05, Heiko Schlittermann via Exim-users wrote:
>> Ok, considering the importance of the information, @Jeremy,
>> how big is the risk of braking anything, if we extend the default header
>> information to include the TLS version? If I understood well, it was
>> there before, but is missing now.
>>
>> Maybe this would ask us adding another RC iteration, but I'd go for
>> it.
> Relatively small. I'll prepare a changeset and run it past the
> testsuite.

1a.

And sorry, "now" I got it. The received header should contain the tls
version, otherwise recipients can't check if the dataprotection rules in
the EU (and parts of the US and other countries) are met by their
counterparts or providers. As I.E. article 32 EU GDPR states: "personal
data should be encrypted on transport if easily possible", and that
"easy" criteria is met by TLS for mailservices.

BTW: I always missed exims default level of detailed loginformations
when i had to work with other mailservers ;)

best regards,
Marius