Re: [exim] conditional email forwards to another host

Author: Andrew C Aitchison
To: Lars Schimmer
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] conditional email forwards to another host
On Tue, 12 Nov 2019, Lars Schimmer via Exim-users wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I need a little help, mostly for security.
> I do run a exim4 host (debian), and I want to forward all emails
> incoming for 3-5 Emails to another host (NOT a different domain)
>
> As far as I understand it, I need:
> - transport fo the 2nd host
> - router which routes the email to the transports
>
> Has anyone a example for such a router wiht a condition?
> Mostly I do not want to experiment with a live server...

Since your main host is unix, exim(4) can delivery over NFS,
if the second machine is prepared to export its main spool.
Forwarding is better, but probably more complex than merely
*delivering* to to the other machine.

Having mentioned the option, I would say that forwarding
is likely to be better unless the second machine is already
an NFS server.
For me, as an experienced sysadmin, I'd say that running a mail
service on the second machine was better but more work than
running NFS on it.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                    Kendal, UK
             andrew@???