Re: [exim] Problem with tls_certificate and multiple domains

Author: Nospam2k
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problem with tls_certificate and multiple domains
Ok, so. In order to simplify. Let’s say I have several domains being hosted by a server called maindomain.com <http://maindomain.com/> providing dovecot/exim as the mail servers. I want to be able to use each domain name as the name of the mail server, ex. for host myhosteddomainone.com <http://mydomainone.com/> I want to use mail.hosteddomainone.com <http://mail.domainone.com/> for the mail server names and not maindomain.com <http://maindomain.com/> for the end user.

When I use Mac Mail and try to create an account, I get a “Mail cannot verify the identity of the server” because the certificate is for maindomain.com <http://maindomain.com/> (I’m not sure why that is even being served as I’ve removed all instances of TLS from the exim.conf).

So, how do I configure exim so mail can still be accessed via tls and an account can be created without any complaints about certificates from Apple Mail?

NOTE: I’m assuming this is related to exim because if I set tls_certificate to point to a certificate for mail.hosteddomainone.com <http://mail.hosteddomainone.com/>, Apple Mail will create an account with no complaint.