Re: [exim] Problem with tls_certificate and multiple domains

Author: Mike Tubby
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problem with tls_certificate and multiple domains

On 16/10/2019 08:29, Cyborg via Exim-users wrote:
> Nospam2k <nospam2k@???> (Mi 16 Okt 2019 08:05:05 CEST):
>>> Perhaps I should go about this a different way. I am going to be hosting multiple domains. Since it seems that $tls_in_sni is returning blank and/or can be unreliable, what is the best way to handle things? To just use a default domain for handling mail? For example, use mail.myhosting.com <http://mail.myhosting.com/> for everything instead of mail.mysite.com <http://mail.mysite.com/>?
> I can understand that you wanne use the domains own TLS Cert, but SMTP
> TLS isn't about authentity, it's about encryption.

<snip>

Agreed ;-)

Clients connect to a mail server (mail host) and verify the TLS with
that, for example I run a host called post.thrcom.com but it handles
email for 30+ different users in different domains.

All of my users connect to post.thorcom.com as their server (outgoing
SMTP; or incoming IMAP) and neither Exim or Dovecot needs SNI or handle
multiple certificates.

I think Nospam2k is making it too complex?

Mike