Re: [exim] Content scanning and non-MIME messages

Autor: Ian Zimmerman
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Content scanning and non-MIME messages
There is still a shade of uncertainty, though. (I could look at the
code to clear it up, and I'll accept a suggestion to do just that, but
first I'll try my luck here.)

The text of the spec says:

Additional ACL conditions and modifiers: decode, malware, mime_regex,
regex, and spam. These can be used in the ACL that is run at the end
of message reception (the acl_smtp_data ACL).

<spool_directory>/scan/<message_id>/<message_id>.eml

The .eml extension is a friendly hint to virus scanners that they can
expect an MBOX-like structure inside that file. The file is created
when the first content scanning facility is called. Subsequent calls
to content scanning conditions open the same file again. The directory
is recursively removed when the acl_smtp_data ACL has finished running

But what counts as "content scanning facility"? Does the mere presence
of "decode = default" condition in the data ACL suffice to create this
directory and file?