Re: [exim] Content scanning and non-MIME messages

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Content scanning and non-MIME messages
On 21/09/2019 20:35, Ian Zimmerman via Exim-users wrote:
> On 2019-09-21 08:15, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
>
>> But the message gets written to the scan/ dir if you request content
>> inspection (demime, or malware condition), and demime gives you access
>> to $mime_decoded_filename.
>
> Well, isn't this my point? How can I do these things if none the mime
> acls is called? Can I do it from the data acls? If so I think this is
> not at all clear from the doc.

Does malware= with either the cmdline or sock scanner type do what you
need? This is usable from the data acl.

I see that the content-scanning chapter does not explicitly say that;
I'll add it. It only says "at ACL time". Obviously, data must have
arrived for you to scan it - and the data and mime acls are the only
usable ones before the quit.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy