Re: [exim] Exim, Dovecot, mdir and hardlinks - a true story

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim, Dovecot, mdir and hardlinks - a true story
On 14/08/2019 20:09, Cyborg via Exim-users wrote:
> I really believe, an option to match quota/du behaviour and use stat()
> on each file to check
> the inode, is fine. A) it's relatively simple to do, B) does not break
> existing installations and C) works on NFS as well, i think.

We already use stat on each file, unless quota_size_regex is set.

If we take Nigel's excellent point that dividing the filesize by the
link count, both from a stat call, does the job - plus document the
point that using quota_size_regex gets quotas wrong in environments
using linking - this would seem to be the minimum possible change.

Does it satisfy enough cases?

--
Cheers,
Jeremy