Re: [exim] Exim, Dovecot, mdir and hardlinks - a true story

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Andrew C Aitchison
CC: Jeremy Harris, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim, Dovecot, mdir and hardlinks - a true story
Would not taking the quota size of a message as being the file size /
link count be good enough?

If there are links between users then this will underestimate the size
of a maildir structure, but in general it would be right.

But it does force a stat() call which the put everything in the name as
tags was designed to avoid - we used to really want that way back in the
days of huge numbers of users with NFS mounted mailboxes in late 90's ISPs.

    Nigel.

--

[ Nigel Metheringham --------------------------- nigel@??? ]
[              Ellipsis Intangible Cloudy Technologies              ]