Re: [exim] treating moral config errors as serious

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] treating moral config errors as serious
On 18/07/2019 21:52, Julian Bradfield via Exim-users wrote:
> I didn't suggest changing the rules, I asked whether I'd missed a way
> to configure the rules (e.g. to replace "defer" by "panic").

It's surprisingly hard to detect a "defer". I ascribe this
to our indoctrination with Boolean logic. However, in a previous
situation I used this:

# Technique for explicitly seeing defers; credit andrew@???
# Call this from a "warn" verb.
sverify_callout:
  require       set acl_c8 =    defer
                # Easynet puts a 30s delay on bounce inputs :-(
  accept        verify =        sender/callout=60s,random
                set acl_c8 =    accept
  deny          set acl_c8 =    deny

(by "call" I would have meant using an "acl= sverify_callout"
ACL condition)

Perhaps you could adapt that to your needs.

There is no general method, Indeed, defers are a natural part
of SMTP processing.

--
Cheers,
Jeremy