Re: [exim] Diagnosing problems authenticating as a client

Author: Boylan, Ross
To: Jeremy Harris, exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Diagnosing problems authenticating as a client
Thanks to Evgeniy, Jeremy and Heiko for your responses. So it seems exim is sending an account name and password (shown as **** in the transcript), and they are not working. And there is no sign of being prompted for a second password, which is what Duo would do.

I'll try swaks and also use the option to let the transport know authentication is mandatory. Ideally, I'd like success instead of a clean failure, but one step at a time :)

Answer to one specific question below:
>From: Jeremy Harris via Exim-users <exim-users@???>

>> [Ross wrote]
> > 4. The list of authenticators does not include LOGIN. However, it does have PLAINTEXT, which I imagine is what's used (if that list is relevant at all when exim is the client).

>What list where? I see LOGIN being used, in that transcript:

At the top of the transcript where exim is listing versions and capabilities, about line 6:
Authenticators: cram_md5 plaintext

Ross