Re: [exim] 4xx from GMAIL for fatal errors

Top Pagina
Auteur: Viktor Dukhovni
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] 4xx from GMAIL for fatal errors
On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 12:51:20PM +0200, Axel Rau via Exim-users wrote:

> > On 27/06/2019 10:17, Axel Rau via Exim-users wrote:
> >> 451-4.3.0 Multiple destination domains per transaction is unsupported.
> >> or
> >> 452-4.2.2 The email account that you tried to reach is over quota.

I don't know whether Exim has a similar feature, but FWIW, Postfix has:

    http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtp_reply_filter
    http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtp_delivery_status_filter

which allow, respectively, rewriting (requires some care to not
corrupt multi-line responses) of the remote SMTP server's response,
or of the final delivery status (safer, but takes place only after
all the MX hosts have been tried). These are power tools for
edge-cases where the remote server is in some plausible way "broken".
They should avoided if at all possible, they can do more harm than
good:

    http://postfix.1071664.n5.nabble.com/Mails-to-gmail-bouncing-td101910.html

--
    Viktor.