Re: [exim] 4xx from GMAIL for fatal errors

Author: Axel Rau
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] 4xx from GMAIL for fatal errors

> Am 27.06.2019 um 12:00 schrieb Jeremy Harris via Exim-users <exim-users@???>:
>
> On 27/06/2019 10:17, Axel Rau via Exim-users wrote:
>> 451-4.3.0 Multiple destination domains per transaction is unsupported.
>> or
>> 452-4.2.2 The email account that you tried to reach is over quota.
>
> You really want to override the temporary nature of the error?
> OK, your call.
>
> Write a retry rule that matches the error code and possibly the
> destination, having a short ultimate timeout.

Thanks for the tipp.

„Temporary nature" means to me that the receiver may resolve the issue.
Does google treat GOOGLEMAIL.com <http://googlemail.com/> and gmail.com <http://gmail.com/> (which both appeared in the recipient list) as different domains?
Both are handled by the same MXes, so I would have to persuade my exim to split by domain but by MX?
How can this be done?

Thanks, Axel
---
PGP-Key: CDE74120 ☀ computing @ chaos claudius