Re: [exim] Extra copies of list mail (was Re: CVE-2019-10149…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Calum Mackay
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Extra copies of list mail (was Re: CVE-2019-10149: already vulnerable ?)
thanks Russell,

On 25/06/2019 3:08 pm, Russell King via Exim-users wrote:
> For example, if you spend most of the week on Linux kernel related
> lists, it's mandatory to use reply-to-all unless you really want to
> reply to just the sender. Reply-to-list is strongly abhored.

One obvious reason for this is that in some contexts it's common to Cc
others who may not be on the list. Reply-to-list drops those,
fragmenting the conversation.

Many companies use this practice internally (perhaps more by accident
than design), so for that, as well as Linux dev work, I'm also ingrained
to reply-all.

Apologies from me too, to Jeremy and others I've annoyed here with
reply-all, but it /is/ hard to remember which policy to apply where.

Perhaps a note to that effect, "always reply-to-list" added to the Exim
list footer? Except of course, that might not be what /everyone/ here wants?

cheers,
calum.