Re: [pcre-dev] JIT regression

Author: ND
To: Pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] JIT regression
On 2019-06-25 09:30, Zoltán Herczeg wrote:

> > It seems JIT is 16 times!! slower than interpreter for such simple
> pattern.
>I did some improvements on the SSE2 accelerated search and /(?s).*/
> search. You can try them now. However I have never seen such big
> differences in my measurements. The memchr can use AVX2, so it is still
> faster, but it is not clear how you can detect AVX2 at runtime. At least
> this fails on Ubuntu:

Thanks a lot for improvements!

Sorry but I can't build pcre2test for Windows with Visual Studio directly
from svn. There are no simple "press and play" possibility to build. Docs
about building by VS are miserly and obscure.

So I'm forced to wait until PCRE 10.34 is out, and after some time after
it download compiled file from
http://www.rexegg.com/pcregrep-pcretest.html.