Re: [exim] CVE-2019-10149: already vulnerable ?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Calum Mackay
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] CVE-2019-10149: already vulnerable ?
Best I have so far is adding '$' to the the trailing case in the Debian
default list of bad chars in local parts of local addresses:

CHECK_RCPT_LOCAL_LOCALPARTS = ^[.] : ^.*[@%!/|`#&?] : ^.*\\\$

which gets used here:

   deny
     domains = +local_domains
     local_parts = CHECK_RCPT_LOCAL_LOCALPARTS
     message = restricted characters in address

I had to use '\\\$', rather than adding '$' to the existing [] block,
due to both string expansion and '$' having a special meaning to PCRE.

that seems to work, at least.

This won't affect sender addresses with the exploit attempt, but those
will just get delivered (assuming the recipient is good, with no frozen
queue msgs.

And it won't help for relaying attempts (where a '$' might in theory be
valid), but my server should stop those before they get to the queue.

Of course, this also required the patched exim to ensure the exploit
doesn't actually work (with the sender address).

comments?

cheers,
calum.