Re: [pcre-dev] Max lookbehind calculation

Author: ph10
To: ND
CC: Pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Max lookbehind calculation
On Sat, 22 Jun 2019, ND via Pcre-dev wrote:

> It may be less unusial if we use a simple assertions:

That is probably what most people do.

> I agree that max lookbehind value corresponds to docs.
> But this is not an end in itself. We keep in mind that max lookbehind value
> calculation intended for multisegment matching.

I woke up in the middle of last night with an idea as to how it could
easily be made better, but I haven't looked at the code yet. I am busy
with other things today and tomorrow, but then I will see if my midnight
bright idea actually works.

> This means that calculation of max lookbehind must be corrected to provide the
> ability to do proper multisegment matching.

Yes, I fully understand!

Philip

--
Philip Hazel