Re: [exim] CVE-2019-10149: 4.87 to 4.91 are vulnerable

Author: Jasen Betts
To: exim-users
New-Topics: [exim] CVE-2019-10149: already vulnerable ?
Subject: Re: [exim] CVE-2019-10149: 4.87 to 4.91 are vulnerable
On 2019-06-19, Heiko Schlittermann via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:

> --===============0789655678==

> --mlyb34ecdekgbwyp
>
> Russell King via Exim-users <exim-users@???> (Di 11 Jun 2019 16:08:28 CEST):
>>
>> As I stated in my original post, I've tried subsituting the " " with
>> both + and %2b. I was using Firefox, I've also used elinks as well.
>> Nothing works to get a commitdiff.
>>
>> >    https://git.exim.org/exim.git/shortlog/refs/heads/exim-4_91%2Bfixes

>> That URL is not a problem - getting the shortlog is not a problem.
>> Following any of the links from the shortlog _is_ a problem as my
>> original post stated.
>
> Hm. Starting with the link you describe here (using %2B) an can follow
> many, if not all (didn't test *all*) links, shortlog -> commitdiff
> works.

That modified link works in firefox too, It seems that problem is the server
displays a page with bad links if '+' is used incorrectly in the URL,
this may be because in URLs '+' represents space.

This behavious seems odd, there may be an XSS vuln in there somewhere.