Re: [pcre-dev] Query Regarding GNUWin32 License used in PCRE…

Author: ph10
To: Moinak Ghoshal
CC: pcre-dev@exim.org, Arkajyoti Dutta, Debjyoti Laha, Bidyut Mondal
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Query Regarding GNUWin32 License used in PCRE-6.3
On Wed, 5 Jun 2019, Moinak Ghoshal via Pcre-dev wrote:

> We found that PCRE internally uses GNUWin32.

Please give your evidence for this.

The PCRE (both PCRE1 and PCRE2) libraries are just C programs that use
only the standard C libraries. The development happens under Linux (I am
not a Windows user). The test scripts (RunTest and RunGrepTest) are
Linux shell scripts and do make use of normal Linux/Unix utilities. If
you want to run them under Windows you would have to install something -
maybe GNUWin32, though I don't know - and maybe this is what you are
referring to?

Incidentally, your version of PCRE at 6.3 is over 10 years old and well
out of date. The current release of PCRE1 is 8.43 and of PCRE2 is 10.33.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel