Re: [exim] unable to send mails to subdomains - dnslookup de…

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] unable to send mails to subdomains - dnslookup defer
necktwi via Exim-users <exim-users@???> (Mo 20 Mai 2019 11:14:36 CEST):
> I just reply all the senders. Now I'm manually sending to the mailing list alone. Is that all you meant by basic mail etiquette? Please let me know. Below are the dig queries you've asked

Yes. (Many(?) Mail User Agents have an action like "list reply" in
contrast to "group reply").

> host1:~ Necktwi$ dig host2.mydomain.com @ns2.zoneedit.com

                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) is your Exim (the one that is incapable of sending the mails)
running on host1?

2) How can you tell that Exim is using the same name server as you
used with dig?

> host2.mydomain.com. 300 IN A 202.153.45.33

This looks good, MX isn't strictly necessary.

> I've replaced actual hostnames with pseudo hostnames. I shall provide the exact hostnames if required.

It is always a good idea to do as least obfuscation as possible.

--
Heiko