Re: [exim] Block spam at smtp time, but then still forward …

Author: Andrew C Aitchison
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Block spam at smtp time, but then still forward to users spam box
On Mon, 20 May 2019, Brent Clark via Exim-users wrote:

> Good day Guys
>
> Just want to check with the community.
>
> My colleague has proposed that at smtp time, if a mail is deemed as spam, the
> server issues a reject code, but then to too accept the mail and forward the
> mail the user for incase its a false positive.

If the spammer retries the user will end up with multiple copies,
possibly dozens, hundreds or even thousands.

> His logic is that, that the spammer does not build up a database.

I've heard that some spammers record which addresses work,
so there could be some advantage in rejecting the mail, but that is
heresay.

A beter place form such discussions might be the mailop list: