[exim] Server Upgrade

Author: Rainer Dorsch
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Server Upgrade
Hi,

I want to upgrade my server from Debian Jessie to Debian Stretch. I am afraid
that at some time during the upgrade process, there is an invalid exim
configuration and messages get rejected. In order to avoid that I was thinking
of either redirecting via DNS to a server which does not listen to port 25 to
enforce the sender to try again. Or redirect via DNS to a server which buffers
all incoming messages until the Stretch setup is tested (not sure which server
software does this though...).

Can anybody recommend one of the approaches or even propose something
better...?

Thanks
Rainer
--