Re: [exim] anti-spam pointers please

Author: Rory Campbell-Lange
To: Graeme Fowler
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] anti-spam pointers please
On 02/04/19, Graeme Fowler via Exim-users (exim-users@???) wrote:
> On 2 Apr 2019, at 10:18, Niels Dettenbach via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
> >
> > Typcial values in multi-user environments are around 5.0-7.0, while every 0.1
> > is important. If you go under 5.0 you (very) propably will loose some ham. On
> > a machine with around 200.000 SMTP sessions per day i tweaked the score over
> > monthes in a range of 0.4 to find working results.

Thanks for the comments, Graeme

I think the issue is that the bayes score seems unreasonably low. (see extract
below).

Perhaps one of my local.cf spamassassin settings needs to be altered?
man spamassassin
and
man spamc
aren't very helpful on these configuration items.

    required_score 3.0
    score RP_MATCHES_RCVD -0.01
    # I changed this to 1 earlier today from 0
    bayes_auto_learn 1
    ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Shortcircuit
    endif # Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Shortcircuit

        has NOT identified this incoming email as spam.  The original
        message has been attached to this so you can view it or label

        Content preview:  http://www.carautorepaires.trade/l/lt17AA14786WC837W/1386TU4650I6977L282OQ16700329D1334124886
        http://www.carautorepaires.trade/l/lc10UN14786DF837E/1386EH4650B6977Q282AT16700329Y1334124886
        Have you tried everything to shed that excess fat off your tummy?

        pts rule name              description
        1.2 URIBL_ABUSE_SURBL      Contains an URL listed in the ABUSE SURBL
        blocklist
        [URIs: carautorepaires.trade]
        0.0 URIBL_BLOCKED          ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL was
        blocked.  See
        http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DnsBlocklists#dnsbl-block
        for more information.
        [URIs: carautorepaires.trade]
        0.0 RCVD_IN_DNSWL_BLOCKED  RBL: ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to
        DNSWL was blocked.  See
        http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DnsBlocklists#dnsbl-block
        for more information.
        [79.133.33.86 listed in list.dnswl.org]
        -1.9 BAYES_00               BODY: Bayes spam probability is 0 to 1%
        [score: 0.0000]
        0.0 DIET_1                 BODY: Lose Weight Spam
        0.8 MPART_ALT_DIFF         BODY: HTML and text parts are different
        0.8 RDNS_NONE              Delivered to internal network by a host with no rDNS