Re: [exim] local_scan_path change ?

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: Exim-users
CC: Marc MERLIN, exim4
Subject: Re: [exim] local_scan_path change ?
On 2019-03-29 Graeme Fowler via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
> On 29 Mar 2019, at 09:54, Niels Dettenbach via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
>> It seems local_scan.c ist not longer called / used in sa-exim setups since
>> =exim 4.92 builds - tried that yesterday (own EXIM build on NetBSD). Until
>> now i didn't find any time to investigate the changes in exim sources
>> yet - so any tip / hint is welcome here too...ß)

> Right at the top of the Changelog:

> Exim version 4.92
> -----------------

> JH/01 Remove code calling the customisable local_scan function, unless a new
>       definition "HAVE_LOCAL_SCAN=yes" is present in the Local/Makefile.

Hmm. Taking into account other sa-exim breakage
https://lists.exim.org/lurker/message/20180726.113354.6d03efde.en.html

sa-exim probably has reached EOL. I am wondering whether there are other
users of the dynamic local_scan loading patch
https://sources.debian.org/src/exim4/4.92-4/debian/patches/90_localscan_dlopen.dpatch/

or whether we are better off simply ditching it instead of adding the
missing HAVE_LOCAL_SCAN=yes and hoping this fixes the issue.

cu Andreas

so grateful to you.'