[exim] local_scan_path change ?

Author: Thomas Krichel
To: Exim users list
CC: Magnus Holmgren, Marc Merlin
Subject: [exim] local_scan_path change ?

Hi gang from sunny Novosibirsk!

I'm a user of exim on Debian for donkey's years. And for most of
them I have been using Marc Merlin's sa-exim with exim, to work with
spamassassin. Sa-exim saves the rejected mail. It implements greylisting
and tarpitting for me. sa-exim still in the Debian testing
distribution. As I understand it, works by compling an object and
reference this with exim's local_scan_path.

But it stops working after Debian's exim4-daemon-heavy
4.91-9. No mail is set to spamassassin. Marc suggested

> put debugging to max (look in the source code) and look at what's
> happening between exim and sa-exim

I did that. I set

root@darni ~/opt/sa-exim-4.2.1 # diff sa-exim.c sa-exim.c.~1.71.~
91c91
< static int SAEximDebug=10;
---
> static int SAEximDebug=0;

A make yields an object file

root@darni ~/opt/sa-exim-4.2.1 # ls -l sa-exim-4.2.1.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 54624 Mar 24 15:34 sa-exim-4.2.1.so

I place that into my config

root@darni /etc/exim4 # grep local_scan /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated
local_scan_path = /root/opt/sa-exim-4.2.1/sa-exim-4.2.1.so

root@darni /etc/exim4 # systemctl restart exim4

I send an email from my server amorp (which still runs an old exim
that enables sa-exim). There is not trace of anything that
sa-exim does. Marc writes

> Could be the local scan interface changed somehow.

I scanned the exim documentation changelogs from the Debian
distribution and did not see anything that suggested that
the local_scan_path has changed.

Any wisdom from the kind folks of this list?

--

Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                  http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                              skype:thomaskrichel