Re: [exim] How to trap "command timed out"? (avoid 451 rejec…

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to trap "command timed out"? (avoid 451 reject)
On 14/03/2019 18:28, Aki Kyo via Exim-users wrote:
> ${run{/path/to/command $mime_decoded_filename}}
>
> In some very rare cases, I get "command timed out" and the message is
> rejected with 451 code
>
> Aside from debugging why it timed out, most important, how can I catch
> this condition so the timed out command doesn't cause a 4xx temporary
> rejection?

You didn't say how you're using the expansion result,
so we don't actually know why an expansion fail becomes
a message tmp-reject.

If you have to, code the values for the return options explicitly:

${run{/path/to/command $mime_decoded_filename} {$value} {OOPS}}

and do something appropriate with the fail value.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy