Re: [exim] bypassing exim string expansion with invalid addr…

Author: Cyborg
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] bypassing exim string expansion with invalid addresses
Am 13.03.19 um 13:20 schrieb Jeremy Harris via Exim-users:

>>>       R="CANADA-DRUGSTORE" guclxfh@???>"
>> Invalid per RFC5322. If it’s invalid, addresses cannot be extracted. We can only code against the valid format, as forms of invalidity are for all practical purposes infinite.

Of course it's not valid, it's spam :D

> You *could* check the validity, using "verify = header_syntax".

hehe..   10:1  that "normal" messages won't reach the customers anymore
if i do this :D

That why it's so charming to check it only, when it's needed. If people
wanne do blacklisting of addresses, the validaddress() would be nice to
have.

As i wrote, my problem can be fixed, because it's special, but a
checkfuntion with hints whats wrong would be good in general .

best regards,
Marius