Re: [exim] How to point Exim to a different lookups module …

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to point Exim to a different lookups module directory?
On 02/03/2019 15:45, Tim Landscheidt via Exim-users wrote:
> This warning is benign for my use case, but I'd like to do
> it The Right Way™ nonetheless.
>
> I tried setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to no avail, and looking at
> src/src/drtables.c there seems to be no way to override
> LOOKUP_MODULE_DIR set at build time.

That's what it's for; it's a security thing.

> Is there a way to point Exim to a lookups module directory
> different from the one set by LOOKUP_MODULE_DIR?

No.

> How does
> Exim's test suite handle this?

It only tests compiled-in lookups, currently. If it was extended
to test dynamic loading, which would be good, we'd either require
specific build-time setting of LOOKUP_MODULE_DIR or we'd edit the
binary being tested (ouch, I know, but we already do that for
something else).
--
Cheers,
Jeremy