Re: [exim] Exim-users Digest, Vol 177, Issue 19

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim-users Digest, Vol 177, Issue 19
On 26 Feb 2019, at 12:51, Neil Youngman via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:

> I hope that is sufficient to answer whether that is expected behaviour. I couldn't see anything in the manual that suggested to me that the second test should have a different result to the first.

https://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-domain_host_address_and_local_part_lists.html#SECTbehipnot

"While processing a host list, Exim may need to look up an IP address from a name (see section 10.11), or it may need to look up a host name from an IP address (see section 10.13). In either case, the behaviour when it fails to find the information it is seeking is the same."

Pay attention to the "+ignore_unknown" option.

Graeme