Re: [exim] Running Exim4 in docker - how to set the message…

Author: Ralph Soika
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Running Exim4 in docker - how to set the message_size_limit?
Hello,

On 14.02.19 16:13, Evgeniy Berdnikov via Exim-users wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 07:43:56PM +0100, Ralph Soika via Exim-users wrote:
>> I found the solution by myself. It was not so difficult. Just adding the var
>> 'MESSAGE_SIZE_LIMIT' into the /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf file did the
>> trick
> File /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf is autogenerated by dpkg (Debian
> packet manager), so this it NOT a good solution. You have better to use
> split-config and add custom definitions in files under
> /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/.

Yes you are right, I am not really the exim4 or unix expert. But so far
the docker image exim4 works perfect. So thanks to all of you working on
this project.

>> echo "MESSAGE_SIZE_LIMIT='100M'" >> /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf
>>
>> Important here is that the var must be in upper case where the internal
>> param is in lower case.
> It seems you do not understand clearly how it works...
> File /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/02_exim4-config_options from Debian
> distribution contains:
>
> # Message size limit. The default (used when MESSAGE_SIZE_LIMIT
> # is unset) is 50 MB
> .ifdef MESSAGE_SIZE_LIMIT
> message_size_limit = MESSAGE_SIZE_LIMIT
> .endif
>
> Files under /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/ are sourced in alphabetical order.
> So if you add your custom definition of MESSAGE_SIZE_LIMIT before
> 02_exim4-config_options, it will be applied to message_size_limit.
> If after, it will be ignored.
>
> PS. As Jeremy pointed, this list is not for Debian-specific questions.

Do you think we can build a docker image for exim4 together? For
docker-swarm such an image is a perfect solution to allow services so
send out mails via an gateway. And as I said, I am not really the
expert. But I did not found a better solution for docker so I tried to
help myself.

==
Ralph