Re: [exim] Expiriences with TLS 1.3

Author: Wolfgang Breyha
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Expiriences with TLS 1.3
On 28/01/2019 17:09, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:
> On 28/01/2019 15:43, Viktor Dukhovni via Exim-users wrote:
>> univie.ac.at
>
> Univie, at least, are claiming Exim 4.91 in their banner. I don't
> know if they run patches, but I do know that at least one person
> there is an active supporter of Exim development.

That's correct;-) I tried 4.91 with OpenSSL 1.1.1 on a smaller system and
since it did well I use it on all MX and MSA hosts for univie.ac.at since last
October. It works pretty well without specific SSL patches. No troubles so
far. In 4.91 you can't define the new ciphers or other settings for 1.3, but
that's not necessary currently IMO since the defaults are fine.

Especially on the MSAs I see many Thunderbirds (mostly Linux) connecting with
1.3 already since recent NSS supports it as well.

Feel free to send mail to echo@??? to test against our Exim.

I use 4.92-RCx on an other system with OpenSSL 1.1.1 and it works fine as well.

Greetings, Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Breyha <wbreyha@???> | http://www.blafasel.at/
Vienna University Computer Center | Austria