Re: [exim] (no subject)

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Andrew C Aitchison
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Rob Gunther
Kopio: Exim Mailing List
Aihe: Re: [exim] (no subject)
On Thu, 24 Jan 2019, Rob Gunther via Exim-users wrote:

> We are accepting mail for customer domains, then delivering the mail using
> Exim to the customer server. Customer servers can be anywhere, as long as
> it answers to SMTP requests.
>
> Come across a problem, two users hosted by Google.
>
> Customer 1 has somehow added IP restrictions in the Google platform to only
> accept mail from specific IP addresses. He has messed up and not added one
> of our IP addresses to the list, so google rejects the message deliveries
> with:
>
> 421 4.7.0 IP not in whitelist for RCPT domain, closing connection.
>
> We have Exim put the message back into the delivery queue for a retry later.

Do the retried messages ever succeed ?
If the problem is that Google is not accepting from *one* of your IP
addresses, I am surprised if the retries ever succeed for that customer.

If this is indeed the problem, it would be better to have an exim router
*on that host* that passes customer1's messages to another of your hosts,
which can then pass the message to google without problems.
(I am conflating "host" with sending IP address here).

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                    Cambridge, UK
             andrew@???