Re: [exim] Block emial from my host to my host without autho…

Author: Bill Cole
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Block emial from my host to my host without authorization
On 19 Jan 2019, at 9:46, Lena--- via Exim-users wrote:

> You asked this question on a mailing list. Some mailing lists
> don't alter envelope-from, so you'd not receive your own messages
> back from such mailing lists.

The implementation of mailing lists by transparent forwarding (e.g. what
you'd get from a single traditional multi-address alias) has always been
a problematic mode of operating a mailing list that serves users in
multiple domains and in the modern world of SPF, DMARC, and widespread
forgery it is unworkable in that it makes the overwhelming majority of
personal mailboxes undeliverable.

What is actually dangerous for trying to block forgeries of local
addresses is to look at the From: header. Modifying that is still not a
dominant behavior of mailing lists and may never be, as it interferes
with behavior people don't want to end.

--
Bill Cole
bill@??? or billcole@???