[exim] Sending e-mails to Yahoo! - What other tricks do you …

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: exim users
Subject: [exim] Sending e-mails to Yahoo! - What other tricks do you use?
Hello everyone,

I have a mailing list that has 1100 members. Out of those, 177 have Yahoo
addresses.
Delivery to these Yahoo addresses always delay - even for a whole day.
The defer msg from Yahoo is
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN3434.html

I have a special transport for delivering to Yahoo:

throttled_smtp:
driver = smtp
connection_max_messages = 5
max_rcpt = 5
serialize_hosts = *
retry_use_local_part
hosts_avoid_pipelining = *

Yet, Yahoo still doesn't play nice.

Now I have opted to have a special retry rule, crafted according to Yahoo's
own recommendation from the above
page, that we should retry after 4 hours:

\N^[^@]+@yahoo.\N       *       F,4d,5h;

..but this still doesn't sit well with me. Waiting for 4 hours to receive
an e-mail just because Yahoo is anal about spam
is simply autrajius.

The sender domain in question is very DMARC compliant.

I have followed
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/recommended-guidelines-bulk-mail-senders-postmasters-sln3435.html
and I believe my server meets everything they want.

What other tricks still exist that I haven't explored??
Is there a way to get Yahoo to whitelist a domain+IP ??

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,