Re: [exim-dev] Enable enable_prdr by default

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Enable enable_prdr by default
On 11/01/2019 09:59, Дилян Палаузов via Exim-dev wrote:
> To make progress with PRDR please switch the default for enable_prdr to True.

Although doing so would be safe (a missing prdr ACL is defaulted to
"accept"), it would be pointless from the point of view of the receiving
end and somewhat disingenuous. To be useful the admin configuring Exim
has to write ACL code implementing the per-user filters.

I accept that it would publish the facility more widely, perhaps
encouraging the big providers to also implement it. I'm dubious
if they listen to anything though.

There is a small amount of boilerplate ACL code which I can add
to the example config provided with the Exim distribution. Perhaps
that will encourage packagers (eg. Debian) to consider supporting
PRDR. Unfortunately, deciding what you want to support with per-
user filters is not a small task.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy