Re: [exim-dev] tls_sni = $host in default configuration file

Author: Florian Zumbiehl
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] tls_sni = $host in default configuration file
Hi,

> Once one is logged in or creates a log-in to file a report, it really is
> quite straightforward:
>
> http://www.exim.org/ --> [bugs]
> https://bugs.exim.org/ --> [File a Bug]
> https://bugs.exim.org/enter_bug.cgi which looks as attached

Well, so, once you have done a bunch of steps that are otherwise
unnecessary for what you are trying to accomplish, including creating an
account that you don't want and don't need, you are informed what you
should have done instead. That's kinda ... let's say not exactly
straightforward? ;-) I mean, is there anything that is not straightforward
if you ignore all the steps that it takes to get to the point where the
solution becomes obvious?

> [...]
> > And in any case, what I can say is that as a matter of fact I didn't find
> > it when I needed it, even if you think that I should have.
>
> http://www.exim.org/ --> [Security] could include a pointer.

I would think that's probably the most obvious place to put it, yeah. The
front page of the bug tracker probably should work, too, I would think.
Putting it on the wiki might work as well, if it's linked prominently
enough. The point is, it should be easy to discover for someone who has no
goal.

Regards, Florian