Re: [exim] exim-4.92RC1 on Ubuntu 18.04

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim-4.92RC1 on Ubuntu 18.04
On 16/12/2018 15:54, Odhiambo Washington via Exim-users wrote:
> smtp_in.o: In function `smtp_start_session':
> smtp_in.c:(.text+0x3f15): undefined reference to `hosts_ctl'

hosts_ctl() should be supplied by the libwrap library; you
must be building with USE_TCP_WRAPPERS defined but have
not included the library. The lines in the Makefile just
below USE_TCP_WRAPPERS have comments implying that the need
for an explicit mention of the library varies across platforms.

Few people actually use tcpwrappers these days, I think; full
firewalling with iptables or similar is more common.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy