[exim] "exim -bpc", but only for messages not waiting for re…

Author: Charlie Elgholm
Subject: [exim] "exim -bpc", but only for messages not waiting for retry
Hello,
(Sorry if this has already been asked before.)

I'm drawin a blank here.
Is there some way I can get the number of messages in the queue that are
"unhandled"?
I mean, that has not yet been tried.

I'm writing a script to start a bunch of queue runners if the queue gets
large, for when we send out a bunch of mails at the same time. The problem
is that since a lot of mails keeps getting held back, för various reasons,
the "exim -bpc" command always counts them anyway - of course - and I do
not want to start queue runners for them.

Regards
Charlie Elgholm