Re: [exim] smtp transport process returned non-zero status 0…

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] smtp transport process returned non-zero status 0x000b: terminated by signal 11
On 27/11/2018 01:29, Rúben Leote Mendes via Exim-users wrote:
> Just got this error on one of our outgoing servers running Exim 4.89
> (Debian Strech):
>
> 2018-11-27 00:34:42 1gRPih-0001GK-Vx == someone@??? <someone@???>
> R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp defer (-1): smtp transport process returned
> non-zero status 0x000b: terminated by signal 11

That's a crash. If you're fully up-to-date on the exim package,
report it as a Debian bug. If possible, and reproducible, work
out how to configure your system to get a coredump of Exim
(on Fedora you need to play with two items documented in "man core",
and one in "ulimit" (applied in the shell you then trigger a
re-send attempt on that message: "exim -M 1gRPih-0001GK-Vx").

Even better, install the debuginfo for the exim, and gdb,
and get the stacktrace with "bt".
--
Cheers,
Jeremy